Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tahquamenon Falls and the Upper Peninsula

The leaves are turning yellows, oranges, with a hint of red amidst the green of the evergreens. I drove up to the Upper Peninsula called UP around here the other day to the Tahquamenon Falls State Park since I wanted to see the Upper Falls and the Lower Falls. They were stunning but the trip was a bit of a rush despite it being a stunning drive visually. The sun was shining, there was a slight wind which was warm and I realised that life was good. I found out from surfing on the web that the Tahquamenon Falls was considered an easy drive along M-23 since it offers a loop from Highway M-28 through Paradise, past Tahquamenon Falls, through Newberry and back on the M-28. It was worth the visit and I think that I'm going to do it again this weekend but take it slowly, not rush and visit either Newberry or Paradise! I noticed that apparantly Paradise is considered according to its website the Wild Blueberry Capital of Michigan. Mmm..maybe I can buy some and make some more blueberry jam for the winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment